Friday, June 17, 2011

Our exciting lives!

May was quite an exciting month!  Yaya, Boompa, and Aunt Colleen visited, I went on a much needed vacay to the beach, and Holden turned FIVE!!  Can I just say how grateful I am to Jason's family for coming to my rescue!?!  It was exceptionally kind of them to come take care of my brood while I took a drive with one of my besties to the beach in Corpus Christie (North Padre Island).  Aside from the occasional sand storm and the 10 foot wide, 3 foot deep, 1 mile long mound of seaweed that had accumulated (and started to smell like skunk), that trip was a lot of fun.  I don't think Heather and I stopped talking and laughing for the whole weekend...and will always have fun memories of sand burns, sun burns, and weird looking sea-condoms (I think it was a jellyfish, but who knows!). 


While I was away, the mice, they did-a-play!  Yaya and Colleen took the kiddos to Sea World, the riverwalk, and of course SHOPPING!  I'm so happy and grateful that everyone was well behaved and glad to have me gone! ha!

   



Holden (the one that looks chinese in his pictures)...may you remember our newborn as a scrawny, skinny, lizard-boy....well he's FIVE!  The kid is awesome.  He has no fear...except spiders and cockroaches (thanks to me!).  He's fun to talk to and he's extremely loving.  He's my one kid that surprises me often with 'I love yous' and hugs.  He is definitely the best sleeper in the house.  I think since birth he's only woken up a few times in the middle of the night!  God bless that kid!  I am so proud of him and can't wait to see what the future holds for this child that is so sweet, smart, and special.  He'll start kindergarten this fall....did I mention it's ALL DAY kindergarten?!?  I will miss having quiet time alone with him in the mornings when Jillian was long off to school and Kepler was still sleeping...but I look forward to watching him learn and grow...I'm making myself teary!!!

THEN:



NOW:




No comments: