Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bowling with midgets

Had a bright idea to take the kiddos bowling.  I always remember having a ball bowling.  My grandparents used to take us, my parents used to take us...and I remember following rules, not getting too close to another bowler, being quiet when someone was making a shot (is that proper bowling lingo?).  If the bowler next to you was up, you waited patiently for them to finish before you took your turn.  My three 'generation text' kids have no concept of this!  I felt like it was a constant battle to keep the kids away from my swinging arm!  I kept envisioning Kepler with another chipped tooth because he didn't listen!  Also, I don't remember having the option of raising/lowering the bumpers for each bowler.  This is a wonderfully welcome addition to the bowling experience!  It ensures they get SOMEthing when the ball finally reaches the pins 30 minutes after being launched.  Of course we all had fun...we always do.  I seem to have a cynical way of explaining all of our experiences...ha!  It's not all bad.  I rather enjoy watching Holden do his re-tard dance as he waits his turn(very reminiscent of Elaine's dance); Kepler always finding the funniest places to chill; and Jillian taking charge of the situation and scoring higher than the rest of us!  Here's some photos of today's events:

God bless the bowling ramp!





Miss Sexy Shoes assisting the midgets


Miss Lil takin' a shot.

 Chillin' like a.....like a........like......what the heck is he doing?  I guess is must be comfortable.  He stayed there for a while!


Scores game 1:
Jillian115
Bree 97
Holden 89
Kepler 73

Scores game 2:
Holden 115
Jillian 97
Bree 97
Kepler 85

1 comment:

marcella said...

I love that Jillian bowls in a skirt. Very stylish! I also love the look on her face when she's getting painted! Texas outlawed firworks! Utah loosened the firework laws and it was crazy!!!! I don't eny the heat. Love ya!